This is my contribution to Shaheen's, 'Show me your Hot Plate Lunch.' forwarded to Meeta's event of 'Show me your lunch box'.
So now,lets have a peek into the dishes...
- Carrot Rice-grated carrots tempered with ghee and slightly sauted to steamed plain rice.
- Cauliflower stir fry-flowerettes of cauliflower stirred into a spicy mix.
- Cabbage koottu/parippu curry-shredded cabbage cooked in split green gram dal.
- Onion and tomato raitha-Onions and tomatoes mixed with yogurt, accompanies the carrot pulao
- Fried baby yams/chena mezhukkupuratti-tender yams fried to make a spicy dry side dish.
- Tomato garlic rasam-the appetiser.
- Drumstick sambhar-tender drumstick pieces cooked in Thuvar dal with delicate spices.
- Fresh Curd and Jar of pickles-for the boiled plain rice to end the meal.
- Plantain fruit-a simple fruit for the day.
- P.S-I also made steamed rice and a bowl of tempered curd rice, but my camera made a li'l fuss to accomodate:).
So,here I am with the vegetables(carrot, cauliflower, cabbage and drumstick) for the vitamin and mineral suppliments.Rice and yam for the carbohydrates.Green gram and Thuvar dal for the leguminal proteins,Yoghurt with the milk proteins,and the plantain for the vitamins A, B6 and C and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and phosphate.