Mother earth has outlived the Mayan prediction and saved its beloved beings once again! The human race, amidst dilemmas debates about the end of the world, celebrated Christmas with peace and joy as always and is looking forward to the birth of yet another hopeful year!
For us, bloggers? Yes, another year to wrap up; to review, feel proud and to showcase the best posts of the year.
In spite of the hard work and the time involved for a blogger; food or general, he or she would admit the fact that the amount of enjoyment while working and the cheer that went along with them while sharing with their friends and readers!
So now talking about me, I believe I had been blogging without long breaks in between as I do otherwise.
I took special attention to the quality of posts and pictures. I had taken extra efforts for the stepwise and they have paid well too!
The posts/recipes are selected considering appreciations in the form of positive comments, mails, messages, google searches, 'likes', 'shares', 'pins' and also feed backs after trials from the readers.
Coming to the toppers...
1. Kambu Sadam and Koozh, meal and porridge made from millet, the age old recipe of my family and probably the state gathered lots of attention and appreciation. Much to my pleasant surprise, I receive mails about preserving and promoting this traditional recipe!
Kambu Sadam/ Koozh
2. How about chilli in a steaming cup of hot chai?
May be the 'hottest' picture my space could offer!
3. How to make homemade butter from scratch?
This post was intended to be a tutorial that would benefit the learners in kitchen who yearn to make their own butter from milk. A bit elaborate, but they could do it, with loads of enthusiasm!
4. The Eggless Banana Walnut Bread. This is one of my favourite recipes of the year. Each time I bake it, the bread comes out all the more yummier!
Eggless Banana Walnut Bread
5. Banoffee Pie had been the first post of the year. I highly recommend this easy to make classic English dessert for occasions and parties.
6. While these cookies melted in your mouths, they melted in my heart !
The most loved and 'pinned' recipe.
7. I still can't believe the simple cake got to the top ten!
Whole Wheat Cashew and Coconut Cake
8. The lazy one pot meal that sneaked into the best 10!
9. Now, the most google searched duos of the year belong to my home state.Well, this makes me feel really special :)
10. On the non-recipe side, the pictures of my daughter holding chillies and food, swept away in a pleasantly unexpected way!
Adding some life to Photography
So, guess that's all with the bragging :)
Before I pull the end of the rope, wrapping up, I have a word for bloggers in general...
Blogging is an art and a wonderful hobby. More than sharing recipes we love being with our friends and readers. Let ego or attitudes not spoil the warm relationships which keep us bound!
Blogging is more like gardening. Let's not pry into others' gardens and feel jealous of the plants and flowers they grow. Instead, visit and appreciate them. Learn from them.
Be confident about the tools you own. Sow your seeds, water your garden, enjoy nurturing the plants, be happy with your flowers and share the fragrance! And you have the most beautiful garden!
Yes, I am aware of the thieves who sneak into our garden plucking away the flowers not letting us know. Do not hesitate. Voice against them. Stay against plagiarism, by all means!
Let the world outlive the myth of the not so good, unlucky 13 and
Here's wishing my blogger buddies, friends and readers, their dear and near ones, a wonderful year ahead, filled with loads of cheer, wealth, health, food, good luck and all the nice things the world can give you!
Loads of Love,